ALIS is the leading and largest hotel investment conference in the world. ALIS in January 2019 had over 3,000 attendees. ALIS features numerous networking opportunities and an extensive array of seminars and panels by hotel industry experts, who discuss important trends and identify new opportunities for the year ahead. ALIS focused on today, looked ahead to tomorrow, and caught a glimpse at what is beyond.
ALIS Law focuses on current legal matters of interest to hotel owners and operators. ALIS Law concentrates on the “day after” the deal closes and the many legal issues owners and operators face. ALIS Law in 2019 has been approved for 6.5 MCLE credit hours in the state of California.
Key 2018 Statistics:
• 184 registered delegates
• 1/3 delegates were General Counsel and their teams
• 39% of companies were owners, brands, and operatorsClick Here For More Information
The ALIS Legacy
The American Hotel & Lodging Educational Foundation (AHLEF) is the industry’s philanthropic organization and has been a beneficiary of ALIS since its inception. Conference proceeds have helped AHLEF fulfill its mission to help people build careers that improve their lives by giving them necessary tools, resources, and education so they are able to launch long-term careers in our great industry.
So far AHLEF has distributed more than $24 million, and in 2018 more than $2.1 million will be expended in support of the industry through core initiatives which include:
- Focusing on three workforce development cornerstone programs: Empowering Youth by training 1,000 opportunity youth for hospitality careers, a nation-wide Apprenticeship Program to help more than 2,500 apprentices find managerial careers in hotels, and a ground-breaking Cost-Free College Program that allows current industry employees at more than 1,500 hotels nationwide to obtain a no cost college degree.
- Administering nine different scholarship programs to help hospitality management students earn degrees and get a foothold in our industry. Specifically, ALIS funding has resulted in scholarships for 1,569 students. For the second consecutive year, AHLEF will award more than $1.3 million in scholarships, including ALIS Scholarships.
- Funding essential research studies that address critical industry issues and provides important insights we need to tell the industry's story.
AHLEF’s programs keep the industry employed and provide hotels with the talent they need to succeed. Visit www.ahlef.org for additional information and to learn how you can support it. AHLEF relies solely on contributions from generous companies and individuals who want to give back to the industry.