Los Angeles, CA, January 24, 2019 – The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS) announced its finalists for the prestigious ALIS Awards. Among these finalists are executives and companies who are responsible for the most influential hotel industry deals in 2018.
The winners will be announced on Wednesday, January 30th, during the ALIS conference, which runs January 28-30, 2019 at the JW Marriott and Microsoft Theater at L.A. LIVE. Nominees for the awards are evaluated based on outstanding business performance in various industry sectors.
In the category of Development of the Year (Full Service) 2018 (includes branded and unbranded - luxury and upper upscale chain scales, and casinos), the finalists are:
- Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center – Aurora, CO
- Omni Louisville Hotel – Louisville, KY
- The LINE DC – Washington, DC
In the category of Development of the Year Select/Limited Service 2018 (includes branded and unbranded - upscale, upper midscale, midscale, and economy chain scales), the finalists are:
- Columbia Place – Washington, DC
- Hilton Garden Inn Chicago, Hampton Inn by Hilton Chicago and Home2 Suites by Hilton Chicago McCormick Place – Chicago, IL
- Radisson RED Downtown Portland – Portland, OR
In the category of Transaction of the Year (US$25M & Under) 2018, the finalists are:
- Holiday Inn Chicago – Tinley Park, IL
- Quality Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach – Cocoa Beach, FL
- Royal Crescent Hotel – New Orleans, LA
In the category of Transaction of the Year (Over US$25M) 2018, the finalists are:
- The Plaza Hotel – New York, NY
- The Vinoy® Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club – St. Petersburg, FL
- The Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas – Las Vegas, NV
In the category of Merger & Acquisition of the Year 2018, the finalists are:
- Marriott Vacation Worldwide / ILG
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust / LaSalle Hotel Properties
- Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Inc. / La Quinta Holdings Franchise and Management Operations
In the category of Jack A. Shaffer Financial Advisor of the Year 2018, the finalists are:
- Naftali Holtz, Managing Director, Head of Lodging & Leisure Investment Banking, Goldman, Sachs & Co
- Christopher Jordan, EVP, Hospitality Finance Group, Wells Fargo
- Aaron Weiss, Managing Director, Head of Lodging, Citi
Program information and registration is available on the ALIS website, www.ALISconference.com. For general information and sponsorship opportunities, contact Rachel Ugay, BHN conference manager.
Produced by Northstar Travel Group, in association with the American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) and Burba Hotel Network (BHN), the two-and-a-half-day ALIS event features an extensive array of seminars and panels hosted by leading experts and investors discussing important trends and identifying new opportunities. The conference attracts the lodging industry’s leading hotel executives, investors, lenders, developers, and professional advisory community.